Looking for alternative opportunities to use your culinary skills? Below you will find a list of USPCA partners where you have the opportunity to add to your new or already existing Personal Chef business.
Increase awareness of your personal chef services by offering in-home cooking classes at LessonsOnly.com. LessonsOnly provides instructors with a personal URL (website), hosting and directory listings to find you students. UPSCA members receive 1 Month FREE and a discounted monthly rate of just $9.95 when services are continued. Help students learn new kitchen skills and get your foot in the door to network your personal chef services. Get listed today
About Kai USA – Shun Knives
Shun Cutlery Demonstrators: Boston, DC, Austin, Seattle, Dallas, Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis metro areas.
“Kai USA is the parent company of Shun Cutlery, Kershaw Knives, and Zero Tolerance knives. Kai’s mission is to provide our customers with the very best knives by maintaining our strengths: the quality of our products, state-of-the-art technology, and a dedication to innovation. Shun is Japanese for “At the peak of perfection,” and each Shun knife is handcrafted in Japan so as to provide a product that lives up to its name.”
As a demonstrator for Shun, you are the frontline of the brand. Industry research has shown that demonstrations drive sales, especially for our brand, where the physical experience of using the knife sells customers. Being a Shun demonstrator requires expert product knowledge (training available), great communication skills, and a professional and positive demeanor.
Part time, must be available most/all weekends, some evenings (Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org)
$25/hour, compensation for demo related expenses, including mileage.
Various markets across the United States, excluding California
- Manage the scheduling of retail demonstrations monthly with both store managers and the Shun National Demonstration Coordinator
- Be knowledgeable about Shun product lines so as to educate customers and store associates
- Facilitate training events for store employees
- Engage customers on the product line, encouraging them to take the knives for “test drives”
- Be proactive in attracting customers to the demonstration area
- Drive sales and bridal registries of the product lines
- Assist store level employees by merchandising products, restocking, and cleaning
- Report back to the National Demonstration Coordinator about the event, store level needs, and any pertinent feedback
- Maintain an open line of communication with the Demonstration Coordinator, regularly checking emails, voicemails, and returning communications
- Submit all necessary invoices and paperwork promptly and within the specified time period
- Represent the brand professionally in all communications with retail customers and store employees
- Have a positive attitude and be a team player
- Basic to intermediate computer skills are a must. Specifically Microsoft Excel, email, and the ability to learn new programs as needed
- Ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English
Work Experience and Skills
- Strong background in sales and/or customer service
- Culinary experience, specifically knife skills
- Previous brand representative experience a plus
- Passion for food/cooking is a plus
- Will consider applicants with any combination of skills that qualifies them for the position
- But be able to stand and be on your feet for a minimum of four hours
- Be able to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, use fingers and hands to effectively use sharp kitchen utensils
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs
- Be able to speak to and hear customers/clients
Statement of Intent for Background Check
Because this position requires handling sharp objects, the company has established a background check policy to promote a safe and secure environment for the company and community. This policy applies to employees and contractors. All criminal history checks will be conducted in a manner that supports the company’s commitment to non-discrimination.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to Stephanie Purtle, National Demonstration Coordinator, at email@example.com. In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in demonstrating for Shun and the pertinent experience/skills that qualifies you for the role.